A common question which always pops up is how much does it actually cost to buy a 0.50 carat or 1 carat or 2 carat diamond ring in Bangkok? Is it cheaper to buy a diamond ring in Bangkok compared to anywhere else in the world? This question has been discussed before in our other popular blog articles – Where and how to buy diamonds in Bangkok, Thailand? Or Where to buy the cheapest diamond in Bangkok, Thailand?
But, this still doesn’t answer your question as to how much does it actually cost? So, to give you all actual numbers, I have compiled “an estimate price table” in how much a diamond will cost wholesale (in Bangkok or anywhere). Please note, when compiling these tables I made the following assumptions. If you do decide to change any of these assumptions prices will change accordingly.
1) Cut Shape: Only Round Brilliant diamonds. For fancy cut diamonds there is different price list and in general price lower than round brilliants.
2) Cut/Polish/Symmetry Grade: All the diamonds in this list are top make grade, which means excellent cut, excellent polish, and excellent symmetry. If “Very Good” grade or lower grades are acceptable this will drop the price down from 5% to 10% (on average).
3) Certificate: All diamonds are either GIA or AIGS certified. If HRD, IGI, EGL or no certificate is acceptable this will also reduce the prices drastically.
4) Fluorescence: All diamonds have none or no fluorescence. If fluorescence is acceptable this will affect prices.
Diamonds are priced based on a price list which is published every week that all dealers, wholesalers or retailers use as a reference point, when doing any transaction. These price list do change based on market conditions.
From this price list dealers or wholesalers will almost always get a discount price, while retailers will sell at the list price or higher. This is true in Bangkok or anywhere.
Based on the diamond assumptions given above on average we dealers will get around 10% discount for GIA certified 0.50 carats diamonds and 15% discount for GIA certified 1.00 carats or 2.00 carats from the price list.
Please note for higher color and clarity diamonds dealers usually get on average a larger discount while for lower color (H or below) and clarity (VS2 or below) the discounts are lower. Again this is because the price for higher grade diamonds starts at much higher point and therefore can afford larger discounts. All prices below are also just estimates and if you really are interested in buying a diamond ring do contact us for actual diamond pricing based on your criteria.
0.50 carats Diamond Price List (wholesaler 10% discount average) – Last update 16 August 2018:
1.00 carats Diamond Price List (wholesaler 15% discount average) – Last update 16 August 2018:
2.00 carats Diamond Price List (wholesaler 15% discount average) – Last update 16 August 2018:
Cost of making the ring (18k white gold & platinum):
One thing you will definitely get cheaper in Bangkok than most places in the world is the actual cost of making the ring as labor charges is a lot cheaper here. Prices below does not include the center diamond.
1) Simple solitaire 18k white gold ring (US Ring size 5 to 6.5): US$350
2) Simple solitaire 18k white gold ring with side diamonds (US Ring size 5 to 6.5): US$550 to US$750
3) Simple solitaire Platinum ring (US Ring size 5 to 6.5): US$750 to US$850
4) Simple solitaire Platinum ring with side diamonds (US Ring size 5 to 6.5): US$1,000 to US$1,200
As you can see above, the majority cost of a diamond ring is the “center diamond”. Please remember that the prices shown in this blog are what we wholesalers usually get when buying a diamond and manufacturing a ring ourselves.
If you do buy these rings in retail outlets in Bangkok (or anywhere) the prices will usually be much more as they have other overhead costs to cover.
Thai Native Gems Diamond Search & Custom Engagement Ring service:
If you are in the market looking for the best diamond and custom hand made engagement ring in Bangkok, Thailand contact us and let us know what your budget is and what you are looking for. From this initial information, we will swiftly find and email you 4 to 5 center diamond options to choose from that we feel fits your needs best. Unlike other traditional or online dealers, I am not looking to sell you anything, but will provide you honest, frank and objective opinion in what we think is best in the budget you offer. This service is free, and there absolutely no commitment to buy any of our suggestions. The only thing you have to do is not respond to our email and you won’t hear from us again! So, you truly have nothing to lose!
How do we compile this diamond list? Our search process is provided below:
1) We first will contact our local diamond supply network and check if there are any stones that fits your requirement in Bangkok, Thailand. We have over 50 contacts in Bangkok and will check ALL to make sure we can provide you the best deal.
2) If not satisfied, we will then check online through our extensive global network sifting through over 900,000+ diamonds and will find you the best diamond. The only setback when choosing the diamond from this global list is, it can take one to two weeks to arrive to Bangkok.
What type engagement rings can you make and how are they made?
1) We usually set our engagement rings in 18k yellow or white gold or 950 platinum settings. Our rings are all hand-crafted and made by highly skilled Thai craftsmen.
Examples in some of the rings we made you can see on our YouTube channel and shown below:
YouTube Channel Play List
Contact us today to get all your wholesale gemstones, diamonds and jewelry needs. We can Source, Search and Supply anything you require.
What will you get if you contact us
- Start a conversation with us at FB.com/ThaiNativeGems/
- Get wholesale and highly competitive prices of gemstones & diamonds from anywhere through our extensive network of contacts around the world
- All stones sold by us is verified in house by our GIA Graduate Gemologist or certified
- We provide personalized service and NOT the same old “One Size Fits All” Approach
You can learn more by clicking here or image below