How competitive is it to buy a diamond engagement ring in Thailand? We would expect being ‘one the major traditional center for gems and jewelry trade’ that diamond rings will be very competitively priced.
So, for this blog post we actually checked how much it costs to buy an engagement diamond ring in Bangkok and how it compares with US competition and wholesalers like us.
Please note that the details provided below are just an experiment we decided to conduct and doesn’t mean retailers are ranked ‘cheaper’ or more ‘expensive.’ Also, the prices ‘can be different’ when you approach or negotiate with them and the quality of the ring making can differ as well.
The test is actually quite simple. I made one of our office employee pretend she is an actual buyer and made her call some popular retailers which were ranked highest online through ‘Thai-language’ Google or Facebook search. Based on the simple Google search rankings we choose the top seven companies and have listed them as Company A, Company B, etc., We decided not disclose their names as we did not want be accused of ‘defaming them’ or have any legal issues. If you are still curious in knowing these companies names you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be glad to forward you our original list with names.
When making her inquiry she asked them that she was interested in the following specification:
1 carat simple six prong solitaire diamond engagement ring set in 18K white gold – like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1_QvJux3_8
Center diamond quality is:
- GIA certified
- 1 carat
- Triple Excellent Make (excellent cut, excellent polish & excellent symmetry)
Now let us compare with two very popular US online retailers with equivalent center diamond quality (1 carat, G-color, VVS2-clarity, Triple Excellent) & six prong solitaire ring setting (in 18K white gold).
Not surprising the US online retailers are about 10% to 30% cheaper than Thai counterparts as they do have larger diamond retail market and therefore can take smaller margins.
Finally the price we can offer being a diamond wholesaler & custom jeweler for equivalent quality diamond is provided below.
The reason why we can offer these prices as we source our diamonds directly from diamond manufacturers and then custom make it with our Thai factory contacts. We also have very minimal overheads which let us operate with ‘smaller margins’ than any equivalent online or retail store.
Thai Native Gems Diamond Search & Custom Engagement Ring service:
If you are in the market looking for the best diamond and custom hand made engagement ring in Bangkok, Thailand contact us and let us know what your budget is and what you are looking for. From this initial information, we will swiftly find and email you 4 to 5 center diamond options to choose from that we feel fits your needs best. Unlike other traditional or online dealers, I am not looking to sell you anything, but will provide you honest, frank and objective opinion in what we think is best in the budget you offer. This service is free, and there absolutely no commitment to buy any of our suggestions. The only thing you have to do is not respond to our email and you won’t hear from us again! So, you truly have nothing to lose!
How do we compile this diamond list? Our search process is provided below:
1) We first will contact our local diamond supply network and check if there are any stones that fits your requirement in Bangkok, Thailand. We have over 50 contacts in Bangkok and will check ALL to make sure we can provide you the best deal.
2) If not satisfied, we will then check online through our extensive global network sifting through over 900,000+ diamonds and will find you the best diamond. The only setback when choosing the diamond from this global list is, it can take one to two weeks to arrive to Bangkok.
What type engagement rings can you make and how are they made?
1) We usually set our engagement rings in 18k yellow or white gold or 950 platinum settings. Our rings are all hand-crafted and made by highly skilled Thai craftsmen.
Examples in some of the rings we made you can see on our YouTube channel and shown below:
2.45 carat GIA Triple Excellent Make Diamond Platinum Engagement Ring
2 carat Classic Solitare Diamond Engagement Ring
Contact us today to get all your wholesale gemstones, diamonds and jewelry needs. We can Source, Search and Supply anything you require.
- Get wholesale and highly competitive prices of gemstones & diamonds from anywhere through our extensive network of contacts around the world
- All stones sold by us is verified in house by our GIA Graduate Gemologist or certified
- We provide personalized service and NOT the same old “One Size Fits All” Approach
You can learn more by clicking here or image below